Thursday, October 4, 2012

Acknowledgements - family, friends, church


Acknowledgements 

I would like to thank my sister, Margaret Bennett, who is also a breast cancer survivor, for her love and friendship since we were children together, and for her insights, support and encouragement during all of life’s travails, and, in particular, during my initial writing of this book and now  with its updating.

Our family would like to acknowledge the love and support of many special friends and people who have helped us over the bumps and still enrich our lives.  This includes friends like Lucy Hedrick, Frank and Ellen Schigg, Bill and Jackie Hammock, Steve and Winnie Legere, Jan Durgin, and Phyllis Finn. First Congregational Church and our friends and colleagues in 1982 saw to it that we did not have to cook a meal from scratch for months after the start of Shirley’s treatment, nor did we lack for child care. We remain grateful.

Shirley and I are both grateful for the special love, comfort and support of Dr. Bartel Crisafi and his first wife, the late Louisie Crisafi, who together set the standard for loving and living as a couple raising a family.  Louise is a guardian angel up there looking after us.

Most of all, I want to thank my wife, Shirley Ann, and my daughter, Alison, for everything. They are my life.



No comments: