Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 3, dedicated to Shirley Ann - Wife, Mother


Dedication

This book is dedicated to Shirley Ann Billings Flierl, my bride and my life partner, the mother of our daughter, Alison, my lover, my business partner, and my best friend.  Shirley was first diagnosed with an aggressive Stage 3 breast cancer when she was “too young” and “too small” and at a time when we had so much to live for.  It was her courage, faith, humor, persistence and joy that brought Alison and me through this experience whole and better for it. 
 
We are commemorating and celebrating the miracle of Shirley’s survival and recovery for 30 years as of November 8, 2012. We are bringing  our family story forward to share her recovery and survival of a second breast cancer in 2010. She has again led the charge as together as a family we faced this second breast cancer, a new tumor, not a recurrence. Alison and I are blessed to have this extraordinary woman, wife and mother in our lives.

 

No comments: